General

Welcome to our official feedback forum. Do you have an idea? Do you recognize a good idea when you see one? We want to hear from you!

1. Option to move queries up the priority to download list. And starting immediately after moving

Sometimes when downloading a very big file (that takes maybe 4 hours to download) I want to download a smaller file which takes considerably less time to download. A feature that lets you move to-be-downloaded queries up a priority list would be great. You already have the list in the program, you just need a feature that lets you move other downloads up or down that list. And when moving queries above a download in progress, I want it to start immediately, and not have to wait for it to finish the file in progress. Much like altbinz

61 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Automatically FILTER password protected archives

Almost all password protected archives require annoying, fluitless, servey completions for fake passwords that dont work. BinSearch.INFO automatically warns users when an archive is password protected (in other words probably BS).

Please add a feature to ignore password protected archives so I dont have to go through a trial and error guessing spree to stream a video.

Thanks!

57 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

The search engine now allows you to hide password protected archives. You can also hide items containing executable files and double RARed items.

The upcoming version of BinTube Usenet Reader will also display an icon indicating a passworded file very early in the download.

3. Add an option to flag archives that are password protected.

If the archive contained in the post is password protected, it's status should be shown to the user before downloading the NZB.

49 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    8 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Make the Download accelerator built into bintube client as a tab.

Make the download accelerator just another tab inside of bintube, that would be a better than 2 separate windows.

47 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Multi Server Support

I have 1 usenet provider that provides me with 2 logins to it's servers. One for Ipv4 and one for ipv6 ... It would be nice if BinTube supported a function that would allow to create multiple server bookmarks. That way, I won't have to change the server settings everytime but could just click the other server and it would switch server setting (create server profiles).

42 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    10 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Multi-server support has been added to BinTube Usenet Reader (free version). Please update to the latest version.

Thanks for all the votes and comments on this topic.

Cheers.

6. add the possibility to select an extract folder (on another drive) in addition to a download folder

this would allow for all decoding and repairing to happen on a fast drive (SSD in my case) and storing on a big drive

42 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    7 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. 35 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    15 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Port changing has been added to BinTube Usenet Reader (free version). Please update to the latest version.

Thanks for all the votes and comments on this topic.

Cheers.

8. 34 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Paused download feature and bandwidth limiter

Hey it would be great if there was a timed pause feature for downloads and a timed bandwidth limiter setting. This could help to browse the inernet without the slow down. Also  a minimize to tray feature. 

33 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. allow use of external or other players.

I would love to use some player other than VLC for example KMPlayer

Either through external usage or if possible through internal implemention in Bintube.

KMPlayer should be able to play the file just like VLC Player-

VLC isn't that great on many systems and is unstable, having a alternative like KMPlayer would be great. Adding external player support should be relatively easy I presume.

27 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    7 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

BinTube Usenet Reader 4 has supports and feeds external players very very nicely… I’m responding to this before the release but you can contact support and request the Beta.

11. improved integrated search, clicking download puts it in queue without having to press "open"

The search feature in your program is pretty cumbersome. It's basically IE inside your program (i'm assuming). When clicking the download button, a window pops up asking if I want to open the file or not, is it extremely hard to have it limewire-like searching? I want the nzb to hop straight to the download queue when pressing the green button, and bypass this IE stuff

25 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. 22 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. 21 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Revise speed limiter to only be active according to a time schedule

The speed limiter is great, but it would be more useful if you could have it only enable at certain times of day, rather than only having one speed limit all the time.

For example if you get throttled by your ISP between 4pm and 9pm, you can set the speed limiter to turn off access between those times. Other usenet clients have this, as do apps such as uTorrent.

20 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Stop Unpausing Automatically

Please stop unpausing downloads automatically.

If I pause a download that means I want it paused until I unpause not just because a file before it finished downloading, extracting, or repairing.

I cant take it. It kills my computer when it starts encoding, download, and extracting three different downloads at the same time.

So for easy example is still two files but pause the the second one. When the first one finishes downloading the second one becomes unpaused. Yuck!!!

18 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    6 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Option to turn all the media player functionality off and only enable the reader parts

I would really like an option to turn all the mediaplayer functionality off and only enable the newsreader functionality. Even though you got a nice mediaplayer there, I will never watch anything with it because I got a nice TV setup in my living room. But the media player functionality like the playlists always popping in front of me are kinda annoying.

Can you implement an option to turn all the media player functionality off? And only have a nice and lean usenet reader?

16 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

This option is available starting with BinTube Usenet Reader version 3.0.5.0.

- Go to Options > Download Settings the select the ‘General’ tab and uncheck ‘Enable multimedia features’
  17. Drag and drop functionality to the usenet reader

So when i donwload a .nzb file i can drag and drop it into bintube usenet reader after which it will download the files.

16 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. add Audio and Video options

While playing some videos with multiple audio tracks, I only get Music with muffled voices, because the player is trying to ouput dolby 5.1 but my tv only has two channels (therefor the center channel containing the dialogue never gets output).

I would love to see an option to choose the audio track to play, or to downmix multi-channel audio into stereo.

15 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Subtitle rar overwrites movie rar

When I download a movie that has subtitles in a separate rar file which contains another rar file with the same name as the movie.rar, it gets overwritten and has to be repaired.
    Shouldn't be too hard to check if, when extracting, something gets overwritten or not.
    Thanks!

13 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. allow for minimum download speed

This program should have an option to calculate the minimum speed necessary to stream the video. It may require at most one option; the length of each video. I manually do this calculation all the time but it would be nice to have an option. Its good when sharing bandwith in a house or something.

13 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5 6
  • Don't see your idea?

General

Categories