I suggest you ...

add rss +filter based automatic downloading.

add rss +filter based automatic downloading.

100 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    anonymousanonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →
    started  ·  BinTubeAdminBinTube (Admin, BinTube) responded  · 

We’ve started work on this. We’d appreciate it if supporters of this feature elaborated on how exatly this should work. Don’t just say do it like this or that newsreader, but tell us exactly how you want it.

Please make sure you update to the latest version of BinTube Usenet Reader before commenting.

Thanks.

13 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • New DukeNew Duke commented  · 

Aaron, search on the Android store for the app Nzb Leech+. You'll need to enter your Bintube account details in the app settings to connect.
        It's more basic than the Bintube software but works well. I often use it when I'm away from my PC.

• AARON MORALESAARON MORALES commented  · 

Im using LG FLEX SMARTPHONE HOW TO USE BINTUBE. ON CELL PHONES

• MarkMark commented  · 

Something like sickbeard but easy to use,with searching in bin search and other sights. You know magic ! Nice big do it buttons that JUST WORK. Not asking for much right,so get out your c+++ magic dust .p.s. good luck

• JamesJames commented  · 

Basically, if one were to put a particular rss feed from an nzb aggregate site like nzbsrus or nzbmatrix, the client would monitor that feed, and download particular nzbs that match the filter.

For example, if we have a filter for House, and we have a feed for xvid tv shows on nzbmatrix, then everytime some nzb is added with the word house in the title, it auto downloads it, preferably to a directory specific to the filter, not the rss feed.

This is complicated by the fact that a lot of subscription sites provide an API key or something similar to allow the users the ability to download their nzbs through autodownload software.

Currently the best software for this kind of functionality is sickbeard, http://sickbeard.com/

• bsarelbsarel commented  · 

this is feature that i would like having the most !!!
        basically i now use the RSS feature on Alt.BinZ 0.25 to automatically do all the work for me.
        I have a RSS feed of the x264 TV Shows from NZBs.org (no more registrations at the moment) and the Alt.Binz client is monitoring and filtering the shows i like, downloads it and un-compress the archives to the relevant directory !! works like a charm ! the downside is that it can only monitor 1 RSS feed at a time :(
        right now i only use your service cause its cheaper. having that feature would definitely make me stay for good ! :) maybe you could make it better ?

• MrJhonsonMrJhonson commented  · 

The RSS feature is one of the best things SABnzbd has to offer and I bet that they have plenty of people just using SABnzbd because of that single feature.
        Since the bintube dev. team is so open to suggestions I really recommend to add RSS because it will draw a lot more attention which will translate into more people using bintube. What is there more to want then being able to almost fully automate the downloading process of series and other stuff related??

• alexhaalexha commented  · 

I don't agree. Just use NZBTVSeeker.com or NZBMovieSeeker.com and make your own playlists.

• skipskip commented  · 

I wanted to add input on how I, as a user, would like to see this done. I'd like to be able to store a list of search queries (with advanced options) with a way to select how much history to search on the next run or to only fetch results since the last time the query was completed successfully. I could then click an update button to execute all of the queries. The results would then be displayed for individual or multi-select to either download or ignore each result, essentially creating a workflow so I know what to expect and am prompted to leech it. I hope this makes sense.

• WillWill commented  · 

Yes please!

• TimBessTimBess commented  · 

Well this is #2 now... are the admins going to even comment on it?

• New DukeNew Duke commented  · 

Agreed. I have no idea how this works but it sounds excellent.

• TimBessTimBess commented  · 

Yes this would be really great. Because right now im using Bintube to download/stream, and SABNZBD to download from the tvnzb rss and the animeusenet rss feeds. and it would just make things a whole lot more simplified. if they added this http://feedback.bintube.com/forums/27794-general/suggestions/540637-file-sorting-in-different-categories-which-puts-th it would be useful with this, because then it'll organize the things you set to download automatically too.

Feedback and Knowledge Base