I suggest you ...

Develop a Plug-in for XBMC media center allowing search and stream NZB

Develop a plug-in for http://xbmc.org/ allow us to search and stream videos right inside XBMC media center

94 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    trevortrevor shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

7 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • bsarelbsarel commented  · 

this will be the number 1 feature of them all... best this is that all you need to do is give us an API.. the community will do the rest.. not so difficult on you side.

add-on will include:
        -search capabilities (using bintube.com / nzbs.org / binsearch etc.)
        -downloaded nzbs should be saved on the monitoring folder
        -the partially extracted video file should begin playing as soon as it can be.

all of the above can be done anyway manually since xbmc is perfectly capable of playing partially downloaded videos (for most formats). gathering it together as an add-on though makes it a great and convenient way to watch stuff on demand and adds great value the the product!

remember! if you build it they will come :)

• AnonymousAnonymous commented  · 

Bintube streamer on XBMC would be awesome!! I would bet your membership would go up significantly if you had an XBMC plugin for streaming, especially with the recent developments with MegaUpload, FileSonic, etc...

• NickNick commented  · 

+1 for Windows Media Center Plugin!

• akuirazakuiraz commented  · 

i too agree that an addon for XBMC (and/or Boxee, now that XBMC supports a similar addon system as boxee it will be easier to port it the code from one to the other). It would be better without the search functionality builtin to the addon though, simplistic and easy of use is the goal with media centers... too many things to do makes it more difficult for users to use, especially non-techie users. This should definitely be on the top of the priority list as media centers are the hot topic.

• Rafał KiermaczRafał Kiermacz commented  · 

XBMC plugin is a great idea ... maybe even one for Boxee

• AmirAmir commented  · 

Or a plugin for Windows Media Center =)

Feedback and Knowledge Base