I suggest you ...

Create an app for controlling Bintube from an Android device and/or the iPhone/iPod/iPad.

You can obviously map keys and commands with existing apps but a custom interface to bintube on mobile devices would be great. Even better would be the capability to transcode and stream videos from Bintube to the device itself.

84 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    BrianBrian shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →
    under review  ·  BinTubeAdminBinTube (Admin, BinTube) responded  · 

Check out our blog for a way to use BinTube Usenet Reader on iOS and Android with full streaming support and let us know what you think.

3 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • BrianBrian commented  · 

Hey - I was the one who requested this. :) I took a look at the blog - Splashtop Remote seems like a very workable solution for accessing BInTube remotely or using it to control BinTube running on an HTPC.

I realize it would require a ton of development to pull off, but it would be cool to have a web interface like @TimBess suggested. I think the current solution of leveraging Mozilla is a good trajectory, but who knows, maybe the web interface could replace the desktop version altogether. You could use ExtJS for the desktop version and Sencha Touch for a mobile-optimized version (Synology has done a fabulous job writing a Torrent client for their NAS server using ExtJS).

• TimBessTimBess commented  · 

I suggest instead of this, adding a web interface. Then you could easily control it from any device with a web browser. set stuff to download while your out, and watch it when you get home.

• buell31buell31 commented  · 

Maybe WP7 and Samsung Bada also??

Feedback and Knowledge Base